Yes plain front trousers are still modern and look great on most men. However there is nothing like well tailored pleated trousers to add the look of classic sophistication to a man’s wardrobe… even without a jacket. Unfortunately because many men have no idea how to wear them properly, they end up looking frumpy!
So how should they be worn? Try the following:
- Wear them at the waist (near the navel) not the hip.
- The crease runs down the front of the leg from the pleat
- Pleated trousers should always be worn with the shirt tucked in
- Wear pleated trousers with a cuff for added sophistication
- They are hemmed at the heel in the back and long enough for a slight break in the front
- Pleats and pocket should never pull