The Christmas Holiday season is also the festive season that will likely lead to opportunities for dining with others. That is unless in years past you made a bad impression… Here are some don’ts to consider.
- Don’t chew with your mouth open
- Don’t pick your teeth at the table. If something gets stuck in your teeth, excuse yourself and go to the restroom.
- Don’t talk with food in your mouth.
- Don’t reach across the table or across another person to get something. Ask the closest diner to pass it.
- Don’t put your elbows on the table until the meal is finished and all the plates and cutlery are removed.
- Don’t leave your hat on your head, while at the dining table.
For more on this topic see: What Not to Do at the Dining Table. Or to add a little formality to your dining experience see: eBook Formal Dining for Informal People.