- RSVP in a timely fashion and in the specified timeframe – Just because it is a casual gathering it doesn’t mean ‘just show up’.
- Confirm who is invited – Family and friend aren’t always on the guest list.
- Don’t barge in – Wait your turn in the food line-up
- Serving utensils are there for a reason – Use the serving utensils not your fingers
- No double dipping – veggies and dip; chips and dip; Veggies & dip-dip?? NEVER
- Leave some for the rest – take one burger not two. Go back for seconds only after everyone has been served.
- Play the game but play fair – this is no place for competitiveness
- Clean up after yourself – Don’t leave litter for others to clean up after you.
- Help the host – Hosting a picnic is a lot of work. Make it more enjoyable for your host by offering to help.
These are just a few tips to make your summer corporate activities more enjoyable for all. Click here for Additional Etiquette Tips on – How to be the Perfect Guest.